"Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long."
- Walker Evans (via larmoyante)
"We are very good at preparing to live, but not very good at living. We know how to sacrifice ten years for a diploma, and we are willing to work very hard to get a job, a car, a house, and so on. But we have difficulty remembering that we are alive in the present moment, the only moment there is for us to be alive."
- Thich Nhat Hanh (via larmoyante)
"I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death."
- Robert Fulghum, All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten (via larmoyante)
"He read a lot. Used a lot of big words. I think maybe part of what got him into trouble was that he did too much thinking. Sometimes he tried too hard to make sense of the world, to figure out why people were bad to each other so often."
- Jon Krakauer, Into the Wild (via larmoyante)
"I just miss you,
in a quite
- Vita Sackville-West, from a letter to Virginia Woolf (via larmoyante)
"There it was, and all I wanted was this—the height and descent, the velocity, and one last vertigo to precede my next steady step."
- Leigh Stein, from The Fallback Plan (via the-final-sentence)